Friday, February 6, 2009

a rainy day in la

as i was leaving the loft this morning in a semi-conscious state, i noticed something worth observing further.

the car parked next to me was missing its back window. normally, this wouldn't cause a problem in the rain, since it was safely tucked under the roof's overhang.

not today.



the roof is bent in a way that makes the water collect and fall harder from a couple choice spots. this guy has his soft-top convertible parked directly under the stream, which is reflecting off the spoiler into the back seat.

as i looked inside to calculate damages, i noticed that the water had enough force to spray all over the dash as well.

at this point, i learned something about myself as a person.
i don't handle these ambiguous moral situations with too much creativity.

of course, when someone drops something, i pick it up, when someone's fly is down, i (laugh and point) tastefully let them know; but when there is no obvious quick fix, i'm plumb out of ideas.

now, i'm not a complete jerk. i stood there (taking pictures) for a little bit, trying to figure out how i could help.
i didn't want to mess with his car, since it was obvious the back window situation was terribly fragile.

i considered leaving a note.
then i realized how dumb that actually was, since a note confirming the wetness of his car would do nothing to prevent further wetness.

and since i don't know where this guy lives, i can't let him know.
so i took several pictures, and drove to work.

2 comments:

JLS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JLS said...

I read this post right after you wrote it. I always read your entries, as I always enjoy them as well. This one interested me because I can relate. I probably would have done the same thing you did--all of it. But it also got me thinking that maybe I should put forth more effort in at least a few things I choose to pass by. Keep writing!